The government of Belgium has imposed its highest terror alert level on the capital. It now stands at 4, signifying a “very serious threat for the Brussels region.”
According to the Crisis Center of the Belgian Interior Ministry, Brussels faces a “serious and imminent threat that requires taking specific security measures as well as specific recommendations for the population.”
It has told citizens to avoid concerts, sporting events, airports, train stations and other places where large crowds gather.
The announcement translates into a virtual lock down of a city with a population of over 1.8 million.
The Interior Ministry also told citizens to comply with security checks.
- London struck by terrorists near UK parliament, people rammed with car, cop stabbed
- Hungary Won't "Compensate" Immigrants
- At Least 300 ISIS Terrorists Are Now Receiving Swedish Government Benefits
- Marine Le Pen Getting YUGE Crowds, She Will Win in a Landslide
- Trump sends 2500 troops to Kuwait, ready for missions in Syria & Iraq