The government of Belgium has imposed its highest terror alert level on the capital. It now stands at 4, signifying a “very serious threat for the Brussels region.”
According to the Crisis Center of the Belgian Interior Ministry, Brussels faces a “serious and imminent threat that requires taking specific security measures as well as specific recommendations for the population.”
It has told citizens to avoid concerts, sporting events, airports, train stations and other places where large crowds gather.
The announcement translates into a virtual lock down of a city with a population of over 1.8 million.
The Interior Ministry also told citizens to comply with security checks.
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks
- Angry Protesters Rally Against Merkel During Visit to Brussels: “Merkel Must Go”
- ISIS Palestinian Drives Truck Through Jews in Jerusalem, 4 dead, 17 injured
- Airport Shooter Told The FBI In NOVEMBER He Was ISIS
- Ft. Lauderdale Airport Shooter Pictured in Islamic Garb