Nearly 1 in 5 British Muslims has some sympathy with those who have fled the UK to fight for IS in Syria.
The number among young Muslims aged 18-34 is even higher at one in four.
The figures emerged in our exclusive poll conducted after the Paris atrocities led by French and Belgian jihadis returning from the war zone.
Prominent Muslims said the poll was a wake-up call.
Labour London Mayor hopeful Sadiq Khan tells The Sun today: “It is clear that Britain needs to take its head out of the sand and act to tackle Islamic extremism and radicalisation at home.
- Muslim Appeals 40 Hours Community Service for Raping Child and Filming Assault
- Defiant Muslims block traffic, pray in street of Paris shouting Allahu Akbar
- London Mayor says Terrorism is "Part & Parcel" of Living in a Big City
- London struck by terrorists near UK parliament, people rammed with car, cop stabbed
- French Presidential Race: Marine Le Pen Far Ahead of Rivals in Secret Polling