Nearly 1 in 5 British Muslims has some sympathy with those who have fled the UK to fight for IS in Syria.
The number among young Muslims aged 18-34 is even higher at one in four.
The figures emerged in our exclusive poll conducted after the Paris atrocities led by French and Belgian jihadis returning from the war zone.
Prominent Muslims said the poll was a wake-up call.
Labour London Mayor hopeful Sadiq Khan tells The Sun today: “It is clear that Britain needs to take its head out of the sand and act to tackle Islamic extremism and radicalisation at home.
- ISIS declares WAR on Trump's inauguration day calling it 'Bloody Friday'
- EU Official's daughter raped & murdered by Afghan migrant, Father asks for Donations to Bangladesh
- UK scientists invent battery that can last 5000 years, NASA expresses interest
- ‘Moderate’ Rebels Eye Closer al-Qaeda Ties Over Fears of Abandonment by Trump
- 6 hostages released after Paris siege