Nadezhda Maksimova, a physician-geneticist, chief scientist of the educational-scientific laboratory “Genomic Medicine” at the North-Eastern Federal University, described a new deadly disease.
The virus that the specialist from Yakutia discovered causes irreversible genetic mutation, after which a person can live for only three years.
“Only two of 16 patients are alive,” the doctor said.
In the past, Maksimova identified two other genetic diseases, known as SOPH-syndrome and the Yakutia dwarfism syndrome. The second one is common with every 30th resident of the republic.
- Kremlin asks Erdogan to clarify ‘anti-Assad’ goals in Syria
- Russia readies state of the art Anti-Hypersonic ICBM missile shield S-500
- Russian Alchemists Turn Coal Into Gold
- Defcon Nuclear threat Reduced to safest level following Donald Trump victory
- Donald Trump Receives Russian Support As China Showdown Looms