Nadezhda Maksimova, a physician-geneticist, chief scientist of the educational-scientific laboratory “Genomic Medicine” at the North-Eastern Federal University, described a new deadly disease.
The virus that the specialist from Yakutia discovered causes irreversible genetic mutation, after which a person can live for only three years.
“Only two of 16 patients are alive,” the doctor said.
In the past, Maksimova identified two other genetic diseases, known as SOPH-syndrome and the Yakutia dwarfism syndrome. The second one is common with every 30th resident of the republic.
- Russia Accuses UK, Germany And France Of “Grossly Interfering” In The US Election
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks
- Guccifer 2.0 accuses US of "falsifying evidence" denies Russian links
- Russia is Worried "US tanks and soldiers in Poland pose threat"
- Anonymous activist deconstructs ODNI report on ‘Russia hackers’