US President Barack Obama may become the biggest obstacle to NASA’s Mars colonization plans in the next 15 years, Texan congressman, chairman of the House Science Committee Lamar Smith, told the Daily Caller website, Pravda.Ru reports.
“Every year, the Obama administration proposes funding cuts to the programs that will eventually take American astronauts to Mars – the Space Launch System (SLS) and the Orion spacecraft,” Smith said.
According to the scientist, Obama prefers to spend money on climate change studies, as well as on the defense industry.
“It is difficult to take seriously the administration’s recent ‘Journey to Mars’ report,” Smith said. “It contains no budget, no schedule and no deadlines. A few pretty photographs and some nice words do not constitute a strategic roadmap,” Lamar Smith stated.
The project has not received any political support from US Congress either, the scientist added.
- "Grassroots Organization" Offers $2.5k to Protest Trump Inauguration
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks
- Leftist Crazies Calls for Mass Riots, Opposes Peaceful Trump Transition
- Elites Attack Trump for Singling Out CNN, No Outrage When Obama Attacked FOX
- Ted Cruz Incinerates Corrupt Senate Democrats at Sessions Hearing