US President Barack Obama may become the biggest obstacle to NASA’s Mars colonization plans in the next 15 years, Texan congressman, chairman of the House Science Committee Lamar Smith, told the Daily Caller website, Pravda.Ru reports.
“Every year, the Obama administration proposes funding cuts to the programs that will eventually take American astronauts to Mars – the Space Launch System (SLS) and the Orion spacecraft,” Smith said.
According to the scientist, Obama prefers to spend money on climate change studies, as well as on the defense industry.
“It is difficult to take seriously the administration’s recent ‘Journey to Mars’ report,” Smith said. “It contains no budget, no schedule and no deadlines. A few pretty photographs and some nice words do not constitute a strategic roadmap,” Lamar Smith stated.
The project has not received any political support from US Congress either, the scientist added.
- Trump Cuts US Debt by $12 Billion In His First Month
- Trump Announces Elite Pedophile Human Trafficking Ring Investigation
- ‘Fake News’ Media Outlets CNN, NYT, Buzzfeed Not Invited to White House Presser
- CBS Labels Itself "REAL NEWS" to Counter Fake News Accusations
- Obama's DHS Made THOUSANDS of Attempts to Hack Indiana’s Electoral System