A highly camouflaged Israeli espionage device has been discovered in southern Lebanon, the country’s army says.
“An army force discovered an Israeli spy device in a rock connected to an electric cable. A military expert arrived at the scene and dismantled the device,” the Lebanese Army Command’s General Directorate said in a statement released on Wednesday, adding that the Lebanese army has initiated an investigation into the issue.
Found in a district of the southern town of Bani Hayan, the rock-shaped device was connected to four large electric batteries and was equipped with a hidden camera and some transmission devices.
It is not the first time fake rocks in Lebanon turn out to be Israeli spying devices. Back in December 2010, the Lebanese army reported that it had discovered and dismantled sophisticated Israeli-made surveillance devices, similarly camouflaged, in the mountains of Sannine and Barouk, north and south of the capital Beirut.
- Hezbollah Leader: Trump Is Right, Obama Founded ISIS
- GCHQ & NSA regularly intercept British MPs emails - Snowden
- Ted Cruz, John Kasich Campaign Phone Apps Spying on Users, Tracking Data
- Big Brother Watching You on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Spy confesses to stealing Monsanto and DuPont GM seeds for Chinese conglomerate