Finland have become the third amid EU countries most popular with asylum seekers, media reported Monday, citing the country’s Immigration Service.
Some 3,000 migrants applied for asylum in Finland over the past week, Head of the country’s Immigration Service Yana Vuorio said, as cited by the Yle broadcaster. Germany and Sweden take the first and the second place by the number of asylum applications respectively.
In late September, Finnish media reported that the country accepted over 15,000 refugees since the beginning of 2015.
The Finland’s government expects up to 50,000 thousand refugees to arrive to the country by the end of 2015.
- Afghan Migrants ‘Use Belts As Whips’ to Attack Austrians at Christmas Celebration
- EU Bullies 7 countries on car pollution, wants more taxes and regulations
- Far Left NGOs Caught Shipping Tens of Thousands of Africans Migrants into Europe
- Germany Issues Ultimatum to Greece: Reform or Leave EU
- EU Official's daughter raped & murdered by Afghan migrant, Father asks for Donations to Bangladesh