Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says a lot of weird things, but he got one issue right on Monday, Russian airstrikes against ISIL in Syria are a good thing.
When asked about his vision of US foreign policy, Trump said that he’d make the US military so big and strong that no one would “mess with [the United States].”
“If Russia wants to go into Syria and bomb the hell out of ISIS, I’m sort of ok with that,” Trump said during a talk with NBC’s anchor Matt Lauer. “If Putin wants to go in and drop bombs on ISIS, I’m ok with it, but we have to do it too.”
Trump also added that if he becomes the next US president, he’d have a good relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
He also criticized the US government’s decision to take in refugees from Syria. Earlier this month, Trump said that he’d send all Syrian refugees back, if he gets elected.
“If that happens, I’m sending them back,” Trump said.
Prior to this interview, Trump has made some scandalous claims during his presidential run. For instance, he promised to build a wall on a Mexican border if elected, and claimed that Iraq and Libya were better off with their dictatorial rulers.
The former real-estate mogul is now a leading candidate from GOP with 32 percent of support among Americans, according to recent polls.
- France's future president spotted in Trump Tower
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks
- Leftist Crazies Calls for Mass Riots, Opposes Peaceful Trump Transition
- Elites Attack Trump for Singling Out CNN, No Outrage When Obama Attacked FOX
- Syrian Army warns Israel it will respond after military airport bombed near Damascus