The problem of alcoholism is gathering pace by leaps and bounds in the United States.
Spokespeople for the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation in Seattle said that many Americans have developed a greater fondness for alcohol during the recent years. Heavy drinking among Americans increased 17.2 percent between 2005 and 2012. Binge drinking increased 8.9 percent nationally during the same time frame. Heavy drinking among men rose by seven percent and by 17.5 percent among women, the study said, Pravda.ru reports.
Alcohol-related crimes, job loss and public insurance costs result in the losses of $250 billion for the US budget every year, Rawstory.com says.
Moreover, alcohol kills as many as 88,000 Americans every year. The largest number of alcohol-caused deaths is registered among teenagers and people in their twenties.
- Wikileaks: Hillary Advisors Admit She "HATES EVERYDAY AMERICANS"
- Russia Tells Citizens ‘Nuclear War With The West Could Happen Soon’
- Reuters Releases Another FAKE Poll, Sampled 44% Democrats, 33% Republicans
- Five People Shot Dead at Cascade Mall in Burlington, Washington
- Top Cucks Joe Biden and Tim Kaine Call For Mass Genocide of White Americans