Hungary declared that the first row of barbwire on four-meter high columns at the Hungarian-Croatian border was completed.
Hungary is strengthening its border wall with Croatia, near the village of Beremend, with several rows of barbed wire, a RIA Novosti correspondent reported from the scene Monday.
On Sunday, Hungary declared that the first row of barbwire on four-meter high columns at the Hungarian-Croatian border was completed.
According to a RIA Novosti correspondent, a “second line” of the wall is being constructed near the villages of Olden, Beremend and Illocska, where many refugees cross.
A new Hungarian border and refugee law came into force on September 15. Under the law, border control procedure and punishments for violation have been significantly strengthened.
Hungary is being used as a gateway to wealthier EU countries by hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants fleeing to Europe seeking escape from violence and poverty in their home countries.
Over 500,000 migrants have entered the European Union since the beginning of 2015, according to the European Commission.
- Slovakia becomes 2nd EU country to ban Islamization
- Mexican Company to Help Trump Secure the Border
- Sarkozy eliminated, only Le Pen left running as a patriot in France
- Europe receives more migrants in 2016 than 2015
- Europe Plunges Into Chaos After Bulgaria Praises Donald Trump For Freeing Their Nation