Hungary declared that the first row of barbwire on four-meter high columns at the Hungarian-Croatian border was completed.
Hungary is strengthening its border wall with Croatia, near the village of Beremend, with several rows of barbed wire, a RIA Novosti correspondent reported from the scene Monday.
On Sunday, Hungary declared that the first row of barbwire on four-meter high columns at the Hungarian-Croatian border was completed.
According to a RIA Novosti correspondent, a “second line” of the wall is being constructed near the villages of Olden, Beremend and Illocska, where many refugees cross.
A new Hungarian border and refugee law came into force on September 15. Under the law, border control procedure and punishments for violation have been significantly strengthened.
Hungary is being used as a gateway to wealthier EU countries by hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants fleeing to Europe seeking escape from violence and poverty in their home countries.
Over 500,000 migrants have entered the European Union since the beginning of 2015, according to the European Commission.
- Half of Turkey’s Border Wall with Syria Finished
- Globalist EU Lawmakers Call For One European Superstate
- Leftists in Germany Want to Give Refugees the Vote
- Spain: 500+ African Migrants Celebrate After Breaking Through Border Fence
- Angela Merkel: Europe Needs MORE Muslims!