The death of Williams remains an unsolved case after five years.
A MI6 spy who was discovered dead in a holdall at his apartment in 2010 had hacked into sensitive information about former US President Bill Clinton, it has been claimed. The spy had obtained Clinton’s diary for an event and passed it to a friend.
Gareth Williams, 31, hacked into the event’s guest list as it was to be attended by President Clinton, passing it to his friend who was also to be a guest at the party, according to sources speaking on condition of anonymity to the Sun on Sunday.
“The Clinton diary hack came at a time when Williams’s work with America was of the most sensitive nature,” one source said. “It was a diplomatic nightmare for Sir John Sawers, the new director of MI6 at the time.”
The death of Williams remains an unsolved case after five years. A three-year investigation by the Metropolitan Police ended in 2013, deciding that no one else was involved in Williams’ death and his being locked inside the bag, which was found in his bath. A coroner’s report following his death judged that he was killed unlawfully, however.
- Media Lose Minds Over Real News Questions at Trump-Trudeau Press Conference
- Thousands Sign New White House Petition To Arrest George Soros
- New Katy Perry Song Encourages Anti-Trump Riots
- Majority of Europeans say Muslim immigration should be stopped
- 3 Muslim Brothers Hacked the DNC, NOT the Space Alien Russians