The third sneak peak of the Lexus Hoverboard was released on Tuesday, with the company officially announcing the date of the ‘magic’ board’s release – August 5. “#LexusHover! See it August 5th,” says the 18-second promo.
“The Lexus Hoverboard is almost here…When technology, design and imagination come together amazing things can be achieved. The Lexus Hoverboard represents true engineering innovation and can be seen in action soon,” said Lexus in a statement under its YouTube video.
The board isn’t available for sale yet, but we are still close to life imitating the art of the 1989 classic movie ‘Back to the Future II’, which features hoverboards in key scenes.
The device is billed as the “first real, rideable hoverboard” on the Lexus website and is branded under the name slide.
“Hoverboard uses magnetic levitation to achieve amazing frictionless movement. Liquid nitrogen cooled superconductors and permanent magnets combine to allow Lexus to create the impossible,” the developers described the working principle of the gravity-defying ‘vehicle’.
Lexus Hoverboarder Ross McGouran described riding it as being ‘born again’, “throwing out his natural instincts and starting again.”
- Australians Hold Massive Rallies Demanding Millions of Muslims To Be Taken In
- Japan Behind When it Comes to Migration Because of Ultra-Nationalism
- Japan & South Korea on High Alert as North Korea prepares for Nuke Missile Tests
- Fukushima rice to be sold in Britain
- Japan Parents Abandon Their Boy In The Mountains As Punishment