After the same-sex marriages legalization in all the US states, the law is suggested to be extended.
A 77-year-old Lois Capps, member of the US House of Representatives from California, has applied to eliminate such terms as “wife” and “spouse” from the federal law, so that, gays and heterosexuals will have equal rights.
Instead, neutral “spouse”, or “married couple” may be used, not to discriminate the LGBT community.
California has already adopted the initiative.
Pravda.Ru has reported, that such terms as “mother” and “father” are illegal in the US since 2011. It was noticed by the State Department, that more and more same-sex couples raise children.
Capps said her bill would also have other benefits if it became law. In one example, she noted that U.S. law says it’s illegal to threaten the president’s wife, but says nothing about the president’s husband. “Capps’ bill would update the code to make it illegal to threaten the president’s spouse,” her office said.
In case of Clinton’s winning presidential elections in 2016, Bill Clinton may be called as the “first spouse”.
Similar measures have been introduced by the Royal Bank of Scotland, that decided to address the clients as Mx (Mixter), instead of gendered Mr, Mrs, Ms or Miss.
- Clinton Campaign Says It's OK for Illegals to Vote With Driver's License: Wikileaks
- Bernie Sanders Wife BEGGED HIM Not to Endorse Hillary - Wikileaks
- Arrogant Hillary Laughs When Trump Says Gays Thrown Off Buildings During Debate
- Mexicans Beat California Woman in Her Yard for Trump Sign Then Proudly Post Video Online
- California Legalizes Child Prostitution