The number of obese people in European countries has been growing steadily, a study conducted by the WHO said. A half of adults in many countries of Europe will suffer from excessive weight by 2030.
Ireland will be the most obese country in Europe, the study said. As many as 90 percent of Irish men and 57 percent of women will become overweight during the next 15 years, Pravda.Ru reports.
Greece, the UK, Spain, Austria and the Czech Republic are also among the countries where obesity rates are expected to rise sharply.
The alarming predictions have even been made about countries which usually have a low prevalence of obesity. Sweden, for example, is expected to see an estimated 26 percent of its male citizens become overweight by 2030 compared with 14 percent in 2010. Obesity rates will also rise from 12 percent to 22 percent among Swedish women.
Obesity causes a variety of diseases and health disorders. More than 2.1 billion people around the world are now overweight or obese, a study conducted by the McKinsey Global Institute said. Obesity also causes five percent of all deaths worldwide.
- Millions Try to Flee socialist Venezuela but are unable, No Materials to Print Passports
- Communist Paradise Venezuela Is Down to Its Last $10 Billion in Cash
- The Globalists Are Planning For Something Big!
- Starving Venezuelans Average 19 pounds, Weight Lost In Year
- Ireland Starts Banning Immigrants From Trump’s Travel Ban List