Robert Ménard, the mayor of Béziers, said that his administration has looked at the list of the town’s school children and tried to work out how many were non-French Muslims by their names.
According to Mayor Ménard, 64.6% of the town’s children are Muslim when their names are taken into account.
“Sorry to say this, but the mayor has, class by class, the names of the children,” he said on TV.
“I know I don’t have the right to do it. Sorry to say it, but the first names tell us their religion. To say otherwise is to deny the evidence”
Abdallah Zekri, head of the France’s National Observatory Against Islamophobia, said he was “scandalized, [and] sickened by these comments”.
“Moreover, you can be called Mohammed without being a practicing Muslim,” he added.
- America must open its borders to Syrian refugees: Trump
- Marine Le Pen steps down as National Front leader hours after election boost
- France: Elections Race and Why Marine Le Pen Cannot Win
- Muslims & antifa riot, burn cars in France because Le Pen won 2nd place
- France Struck by Islamic Terrorist Attack Again, Police Officer Killed