Robert Ménard, the mayor of Béziers, said that his administration has looked at the list of the town’s school children and tried to work out how many were non-French Muslims by their names.
According to Mayor Ménard, 64.6% of the town’s children are Muslim when their names are taken into account.
“Sorry to say this, but the mayor has, class by class, the names of the children,” he said on TV.
“I know I don’t have the right to do it. Sorry to say it, but the first names tell us their religion. To say otherwise is to deny the evidence”
Abdallah Zekri, head of the France’s National Observatory Against Islamophobia, said he was “scandalized, [and] sickened by these comments”.
“Moreover, you can be called Mohammed without being a practicing Muslim,” he added.
- Italian Archbishop: Europe Will Soon Be Muslim Continent
- France's future president spotted in Trump Tower
- Muslims In Canada Say 9-Year-Old’s Are Adults And It’s Okay To Marry Them
- Swedish Woman Gang-Raped in Cellar By 7 Immigrants for Hours, Only 2 Arrested
- Muslims Burn, Desecrate German and Slovenian Churches on New Year's Eve