To force Congress to reverse cuts to the defense and intelligence budgets.
Republican senator and presidential maybe-hopeful Lindsey Graham stopped by the “politics and pies” forum in Concord, New Hampshire, today, where he announced that if he is elected president in 2016, his first act will be to deploy the military in Washington to force Congress to reverse cuts to the defense and intelligence budgets.
Yes, you heard that right. Here are Graham’s exact words:
And here’s the first thing I would do if I were president of the United States. I wouldn’t let Congress leave town until we fix this. I would literally use the military to keep them in if I had to. We’re not leaving town until we restore these defense cuts. We are not leaving town until we restore the intel cuts.
Graham would use the military to force members of Congress to not just vote on the bill, but to pass it. Graham didn’t say “until I get an up-or-down vote on restoring defense cuts.” He said “until we restore these defense cuts.”
- Paul Ryan audio leak: I'm Not Going To Defend Trump, Not Now, Not in the Future
- US Debt Decreased by $68 Billion Since Trump Inauguration
- Donald Trump to host Angela Merkel at the White House this month
- Trump allies urge President to PURGE Obama's White House appointees to stop leaks
- Between 69% and 76% of Americans Approve Trump's policies: CNN, CBS Polls