US President Barack Obama has threatened to retaliate a cyber attack on Sony Pictures after the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) publically blamed it on the North Korean government.
“They caused a lot of damage and we will respond. We will respond proportionally… in a place, time, and manner that we choose, ” said the US president at a year-end news conference on Friday.
The hack which has been described as the most devastating cyberattack on a US business has paralyzed Sony Pictures and led to the cancelation the release.
“I wish they had spoken to me first… We cannot have a society in which some dictatorship someplace can start imposing censorship,” Obama said, calling the cancellation a “mistake.”
Earlier in the day, the FBI said in a statement it “now has enough information to conclude that the North Korean government is responsible for these actions.”
Hackers have threatened 9/11-style terrorist attacks in the United States because of a controversial movie, “The Interview,” that depicts the fictional assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Last month, Sony executives received an email warning them not to release their “movie of terror,” referring to “The Interview.”
A trove of sensitive documents was also exposed in the hacking incident.
- Trump becomes America's 45th after Glorious Inauguration
- America On The Brink As President Trump Prepares To Issue CIA Ultimatum
- CNN Openly Calls for Trump Assassination, They Need to Be Arrested!
- Protests Erupt Before Trump Inauguration
- Pentagon: F-35 Unfit For Combat With 276 Deficiencies and Counting