Archaeologists in Israel believe they may have uncovered the location where Jesus Christ taught and preached.
The discovery was made in the ancient town of Magdala, thought to be the hometown of Mary Magdalene, on the western shore of the sea of Galilee.
Jesus is believed to have spent most of his life in the area.
The Legionaries of Christ, a Catholic organization, bought land in the area, planning to build a hotel. An ancient temple was uncovered among the ruins in 2009.
Five years later, archaeologists are convinced that Jesus taught here, with relics seeming to support that theory. Among the historic treasures are a main hall with an elaborate mosaic floor; a limestone block carved with a menorah, the oldest ever found on stone; and Jewish ritual baths.
Father Juan Solana, founder of the Magdala Center, a spiritual center run by the Legionaries of Christ, said Jesus’ interactions in the area bolster the possibility that he taught at the site.
- ISIS attacks Israel for the first time and is obliterated
- Israeli ministers approve law for settlements on private Palestinian land
- Trump Wins Israel With 49% Votes VS Clinton's 44%
- Israeli Minister sparks Scandal after showing Satisfaction at Italy's Earthquakes
- Jewish Press Releases Audio Tape Exposing Hillary Clinton Plotting to Rig Election