US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has called the new world order an era with endless wars saying America should prepare for this epoch.
“We are seeing a new world order, post-World War II, post-Soviet Union implosion, being built,” Hagel said in Ekaterina, Blinova on Thursday.
He said certain issues are currently posing serious threats to the United States and that the US would have to continue to deal with these issues in the “foreseeable future”.
“Tyranny, terrorism” and other threats are “going to be with us,” he said, adding, “I see these things continuing to stay out of there.”
He described the US as the global leader which will “continue to grapple with overseas threat for the foreseeable future”.
Hagel also said US-led campaign against the ISIL terrorist group in the Middle East is “a steady, long-term effort. It’s going to require coalitions of common interest.”
Since late September, the US and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out airstrikes against ISIL inside Syria without any authorization from Damascus or a UN mandate.
The Syria air campaign is an extension of airstrikes on ISIL positions in neighboring Iraq, launched by the US and some of its NATO allies since early August.
The ISIL terrorists, some of whom were initially trained by the CIA in Jordan in 2012 to destabilize the Syrian government, now control large swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria.
US intelligence estimates that as many as 300 Americans are fighting alongside the terrorists in Iraq and Syria, prompting widespread concern that they may threaten their homeland upon their return.
- “Nuclear Bomb Is Now In Play In EU” Warns Russia As Historic Troop Alert Begins
- Total War breaks up between GOP Senators, John McCain Says Rand Paul is Working for Putin
- At Least 300 ISIS Terrorists Are Now Receiving Swedish Government Benefits
- Hungarian PM: Migrants Are “Trojan Wooden Horses” for Terrorism
- ISIS terrorists try to blend with civilians fleeing humanitarian disaster in besieged Mosul