Russian writer idaltae tweeted the following:
White House launches propaganda at troll level pic.twitter.com/S45vJokXN2
Because she didn’t say what search term she used to pull up that ad – and because we don’t live in Russia – it took some legwork to verify that this is real.
Specifically, we used Keyword Spy – a highly-regarded and widely-used resource in the SEO industry – to see if the White House had purchased keywords for Google using the domain name WhiteHouse.gov.
Indeed, we did find the ad using Keyword Spy:
Keyword Spy also told us the keywords which the White House purchased:
Telenor is a huge telecommunications company based in Norway, which provides telecom services in Eastern Europe, and has had a series of legal disputes regarding its sizable ownership stake in Russian and Ukrainian telecoms.
In other words, Telenor Russia is probably a popular Google search term in Russia and Ukraine. And the White House has purchased Google key words to troll Putin.
- Putin has a $200 Billion wealth, 58 Planes, Helicopters, Yachts and 20 Palaces
- President Trump Has Been Far Too Nice To the Mainstream Media
- Trump: Media ‘Not My Enemy, Enemy of the People!’
- Roger Stone Slams Media on Today Show for ‘Recycling’ Russian Hysteria
- Trump Wall Will Pay for Itself by Preventing Just 160K Invaders