Russian writer idaltae tweeted the following:
White House launches propaganda at troll level pic.twitter.com/S45vJokXN2
Because she didn’t say what search term she used to pull up that ad – and because we don’t live in Russia – it took some legwork to verify that this is real.
Specifically, we used Keyword Spy – a highly-regarded and widely-used resource in the SEO industry – to see if the White House had purchased keywords for Google using the domain name WhiteHouse.gov.
Indeed, we did find the ad using Keyword Spy:
Keyword Spy also told us the keywords which the White House purchased:
Telenor is a huge telecommunications company based in Norway, which provides telecom services in Eastern Europe, and has had a series of legal disputes regarding its sizable ownership stake in Russian and Ukrainian telecoms.
In other words, Telenor Russia is probably a popular Google search term in Russia and Ukraine. And the White House has purchased Google key words to troll Putin.
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks
- Guccifer 2.0 accuses US of "falsifying evidence" denies Russian links
- Russia is Worried "US tanks and soldiers in Poland pose threat"
- Anonymous activist deconstructs ODNI report on ‘Russia hackers’
- Hungary’s Orban Plans to Crackdown on All Soros-Funded NGOs