Russian writer idaltae tweeted the following:
White House launches propaganda at troll level pic.twitter.com/S45vJokXN2
Because she didn’t say what search term she used to pull up that ad – and because we don’t live in Russia – it took some legwork to verify that this is real.
Specifically, we used Keyword Spy – a highly-regarded and widely-used resource in the SEO industry – to see if the White House had purchased keywords for Google using the domain name WhiteHouse.gov.
Indeed, we did find the ad using Keyword Spy:
Keyword Spy also told us the keywords which the White House purchased:
Telenor is a huge telecommunications company based in Norway, which provides telecom services in Eastern Europe, and has had a series of legal disputes regarding its sizable ownership stake in Russian and Ukrainian telecoms.
In other words, Telenor Russia is probably a popular Google search term in Russia and Ukraine. And the White House has purchased Google key words to troll Putin.
- White House: ‘Trump Was Right’ On JCC Bomb Threats
- BOMBSHELL: Podesta Received $35 Million from RUSSIA while Advising Clinton & Obama
- Russia Threatens to Leak Things Obama Asked Moscow to “Keep Secret”
- Soros Funded Protests In Moscow Warned Are Yet Another “Prelude To War”
- Discussion About Replacement to Paul Ryan as House Speaker Heats Up