Pentagon Finds Iranian Involvement in Defense of Baghdad ‘Concerning’.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says he envisions the effort to save Iraq’s Maliki government from al-Qaeda as something his nation and the US can agree with, and cooperate on.
Iran was the first nation involved when al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) started seizing territory across the nation, and the Iranian Quds Force is believed to be leading the defense of Baghdad.
The reformist Rouhani may have common cause with the US, but the Pentagon isn’t willing to acknowledge that yet, with sources saying they found the signs of Iranian involvement in Iraq “concerning”.
The concern is odd, since there’s no question the Iranian troops and the Obama Administration are on the same side in this conflict, but after years of blaming everything that went wrong with their own occupation of Iraq on Iran, the Pentagon seems to just be resorting to their old talking points.
- ‘Moderate’ Rebels Eye Closer al-Qaeda Ties Over Fears of Abandonment by Trump
- Obama Mocked Trump Plan to Keep Carrier Jobs in USA
- Even Obama Slams Stein: "Results Accurately Reflect The Will Of America"
- CNN biased journalist calls for media to "destroy Trump" then receives award
- Farage to meet Trump camp again as he plans ‘permanent move’ to US