A huge cloud was filmed engulfing the main beach in Alicante, causing concern among locals and holidaymakers and prompting debate as to its cause.
The huge white mass is seen rolling across the sands of Albufereta beach, obscuring everything in its path – despite an otherwise cloudless sky.
Some speculated that the cloud was smoke from a fire, while others compared the apocalyptic scenes to the smoke cloud left behind when thousands of firecrackers are set off for the Las Fallas festival in neighboring Valencia.
Tourists and locals from other coastal towns in eastern Spain also reported similar cloud masses in Calpe, on the Costa Blanca, and the popular resort of Benidorm.
- Oakland warehouse blows up, fire kills 33
- Donald Trump Appears in Cloud Formation
- EU Sanction Portugal for "Spending Too Much On Football" after Winning Euro 2016
- Sheriff Clarke: Obama Is Like a Pyromaniac Who Sets a Fire, Then Watches It Burn
- Muslims Burn Down German Refugee Center After Not Receiving Ramadan Wake Up Call