A huge cloud was filmed engulfing the main beach in Alicante, causing concern among locals and holidaymakers and prompting debate as to its cause.
The huge white mass is seen rolling across the sands of Albufereta beach, obscuring everything in its path – despite an otherwise cloudless sky.
Some speculated that the cloud was smoke from a fire, while others compared the apocalyptic scenes to the smoke cloud left behind when thousands of firecrackers are set off for the Las Fallas festival in neighboring Valencia.
Tourists and locals from other coastal towns in eastern Spain also reported similar cloud masses in Calpe, on the Costa Blanca, and the popular resort of Benidorm.
- Spain: 500+ African Migrants Celebrate After Breaking Through Border Fence
- China invents paper again, this time Resistant to Fire and Water
- Gunman Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Opens Fire In Spanish Supermarket
- 1000 violent organized migrants storm Spanish enclave bordering Morocco
- 7 Migrants set Homeless man in Germany on Fire for Fun