“A strong wind has uncovered ancient structures that no one has ever noticed. It seems to be something very ancient.,” says researcher Matteo Ianneo.
“If you look carefully, you can see the ancient ruins next to it, even an old profile. This is a sensational discovery” that no one had noticed. In photographs from 2004, one can observe that “there was nothing in this place, it was definitely covered by sand,” says Ianneo.
He adds, “The strong winds and desert storms have brought to light this discovery that I think is very sensational. Now archaeologists are to affirm this archaeological area. Perhaps it is certainly ancient ruins belonging to an ancient and magnificent city, which dates back to a long time ago. I hope I have given a contribution to science, in order to find a small piece that the story is all redone, and it’s hard to tell.”
Coordinates on Google Earth: 25° 6’46.33″N 37°25’8.84″E
- Italy's PM Resigns After Losing Constitutional Referendum
- Italian Police Arrests 80yo Hotel Owner for Refusing to House Migrants
- Migrant Washes his Behind at Public Fountain in Italy
- World leaders congratulate Trump, Putin "anxious to improve relations with America"
- Israeli Minister sparks Scandal after showing Satisfaction at Italy's Earthquakes