On Saturday 20 July 2013, in the basement of the Guardian’s office in Kings Cross, London, watched by two GCHQ technicians, Guardian editors destroyed hard drives and memory cards on which encrypted files leaked by Edward Snowden had been stored. This is the first time footage of the event has been released.
- UK scientists invent battery that can last 5000 years, NASA expresses interest
- UK bans porn after study shows negative effects: Teen addicts likely to turn predators
- UN ruling to free WikiLeaks’ Assange to stand after British appeal rejected
- Whereabouts of Julian Assange Remain a Mystery
- Ron Paul releases blacklist of real "fake news" journalists