On January 28, at the meeting of the Federation Council dedicated to XXII Christmas Readings, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill demanded Russian senators thwart any aspirations to legalize same-sex marriages in Russia.
The head of the Russian Orthodox Church defined marriage as a union between a man and a woman that is concluded for procreation. The ROC stands firmly for traditional Christian values, Kirill said.
The Patriarch said that rejection of gay marriage was inherent in Christian doctrine. Russia, contrary to the opinion of some individuals, lives according to Christian standards and will not cease to be a secular state, as required by the constitution, but will be a “prudent trustee.”
Last summer, the Patriarch stated that the legalization of same-sex marriage abroad was a dangerous apocalyptic symbol.
Earlier in 2012, the Moscow Patriarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church urged believers to fight “false values of aggressive liberalism” that the enemies of the Church adopted. Gay marriage was called one of such values . Do you think that gay marriage destroys society?
- Meteor explodes over Siberian city, turning night into day
- Kremlin asks Erdogan to clarify ‘anti-Assad’ goals in Syria
- Russia readies state of the art Anti-Hypersonic ICBM missile shield S-500
- Russian Alchemists Turn Coal Into Gold
- Defcon Nuclear threat Reduced to safest level following Donald Trump victory