On January 28, at the meeting of the Federation Council dedicated to XXII Christmas Readings, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill demanded Russian senators thwart any aspirations to legalize same-sex marriages in Russia.
The head of the Russian Orthodox Church defined marriage as a union between a man and a woman that is concluded for procreation. The ROC stands firmly for traditional Christian values, Kirill said.
The Patriarch said that rejection of gay marriage was inherent in Christian doctrine. Russia, contrary to the opinion of some individuals, lives according to Christian standards and will not cease to be a secular state, as required by the constitution, but will be a “prudent trustee.”
Last summer, the Patriarch stated that the legalization of same-sex marriage abroad was a dangerous apocalyptic symbol.
Earlier in 2012, the Moscow Patriarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church urged believers to fight “false values of aggressive liberalism” that the enemies of the Church adopted. Gay marriage was called one of such values . Do you think that gay marriage destroys society?
- Graham: "I Wonder If My Meetings Are Being Surveilled by the Intelligence Community"
- US Government Investigating “Far-Right” Websites for being Russian agents
- Trump headed for impeachment after being branded Russian Agent in Comey Hearing
- “Nuclear Bomb Is Now In Play In EU” Warns Russia As Historic Troop Alert Begins
- Soros Fueling Unrest in Macedonia