Saudi Arabia’s intelligence chief Prince Bandar bin Sultan is joining Israel to set the stage for a military strike against Iran over the country’s nuclear program, an analyst says.
Not reaching a nuclear deal during the recent Geneva talks reflects “the determination on the part of the Israelis and the Saudis, not only to prevent such an agreement, but it takes even military action against Iran in order to completely destroy it”, Ralph Schoenman told Press TV on Sunday.
“Saudi intelligence chief Prince Bandar Bin Sultan has told European diplomats that his government was even considering a major shift away its alliance with Washington joining with Israel and preparing for attacks upon Iran”, he added.
The Saudi official said last month that his country would make a “major shift” in its relations with Washington after the White House decided not to attack Syria and enter nuclear talks with Iran.
Prince Bandar bin Sultan invited a Western diplomat to the Saudi Red Sea city of Jeddah to voice his frustration with the US administration and its policies in the Middle East, according to media reports.
The latest nuclear talks between Iran and the US, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany ended in Geneva without a deal. But the two sides planned to meet again later this month.
However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressed his outrage over a looming deal with Iran and called it the “deal of the century for Iran”.
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks
- Syrian Army warns Israel it will respond after military airport bombed near Damascus
- Israeli Airstrikes Target Military Airport in Damascus Despite Vowing to Target ISIS
- ISIS Palestinian Drives Truck Through Jews in Jerusalem, 4 dead, 17 injured
- Netanyahu Thanks Trump for Supporting Israel