Western media outlets have come under criticism from Christians in Syria for turning a blind eye to atrocities carried out by Takfiri terrorist groups against the Christian community in the war-torn country.
A new report by the news service of the Pontifical Mission Societies highlights the massacre of 45 Christians in the village of Sadad, northeast of Damascus.
The killing marks the biggest massacre of Christians in the Syrian conflict which began in March 2011.
The report also blamed the foreign-backed Takfiri militants for the massacre, and denounced the US government and its mainstream media for remaining silent on the mass murder.
More Christians are now fleeing their homes as the persecution is worsening in militant-held territories in the north.
Christians say kidnapping, rape and execution of Christians are being carried out by Takfiri militants and those affiliated with the so-called Free Syrian Army.
Nearly three years of foreign-sponsored militancy in Syria has taken its toll on the lives of more than 100,000 people, according to statistics compiled by the United Nations, which also show that millions have been displaced due to the turmoil.
The UN has repeatedly warned about the humanitarian situation in the country, saying that over nine million people are in need of urgent aid due to the crisis.
- Israeli Warplanes Launch Missile Attack on Syria
- Christians light Candles with Holy Fire for first time at PROVEN Holy Tomb
- 206% Increase in Syrian “Refugees” Admitted to US as Trump Fails on Muslim Ban
- Syria's First Lady Asma al-Assad slams "Shortsighted US" Air Strikes
- Australian Wearing Cross Beaten By Muslim Gang Shouting "F Jesus!"