A leaked US military document reveals that an al-Qaeda-affiliated terrorist group possessed and produced sarin gas to be used in chemical attacks in Syria.
The classified document obtained by WND, confirms that poison gas was confiscated earlier this year from members of the al-Nusra Front, a militant group that has been responsible for some of the most gruesome terrorist attacks directed at both Syrian soldiers and civilian population.
The National Ground Intelligence Center report states that al-Qaeda in Iraq produced the sarin gas and then shipped it to the al-Nusra Front in Syria.
Turkish anti-terror police seized a two-kilogram cylinder of sarin gas from members of the notorious terrorist group near the Syrian border.
While the Obama administration insists that militant groups fighting against the Syrian government lack the capability to produce poison gas or to carry out gas attacks, the new military document reveals that sarin gas obtained by the al-Nusra Front could have been used in an attack on civilians and military soldiers in Aleppo last March.
The US has also unequivocally accused the government of President Bashar al-Assad of launching a deadly chemical attack near Damascus on August 21, and has raised the specter of military action against the Arab country.
However, the leaked military file describes the sarin seized in Turkey as a “kitchen variety,” which corresponds to the sarin gas used in last month’s attack, according to Dr. Yossef Bodansky, a top terrorism expert.
Senior US intelligence officials support Bodansky’s conclusion, saying they are not convinced that the Aug. 21 chemical attack was carried out by the Assad government.
In addition, a dozen former US military and intelligence officials have informed President Barack Obama in a letter that the charge against the Syrian government is based on false intelligence.
“We regret to inform you that some of our former co-workers are telling us, categorically, that contrary to the claims of your administration, the most reliable intelligence shows that Bashar al-Assad was NOT responsible for the chemical incident that killed and injured Syrian civilians on August 21,” the former officials wrote to Obama this month.
The former CIA, FBI, NSA, and military officials said that the incident was “a pre-planned provocation by the Syrian opposition and its Saudi and Turkish supporters.”
- Obama Gave NSA New Powers Used To Sabotage Trump
- Wikileaks Exposes CIA Interference In French Presidential Elections
- Russia strikes Turkish military men in Syria, Putin apologizes
- Syrian President Says Some Syrian Refugees Are “Definitely” Terrorists!
- Former Obama Official Calls For ‘Military Coup’ Against Trump!