A new study carried out by the researchers in England has released the name of 20 cities which are at the highest risk of damaging floods.
Scientists at the University of Southampton listed the cities that face the worst damage from floods and giant storms.
The report illustrates that nearly all of them are in Asia and North America, five of them are in the United States, according to Live Science.
The researchers observed 136 coastal cities with concerning various categories including population distribution, elevation, and flood protection.
The achieved data was studied along with the forecasts of sea-level rise and groundwater depletion.
The result indicates that Guangzhou, Shenzen, Tianjin and Zhanjiang in China as well as Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Surat in India are some of the spots that are threatened to be severely stricken by flood.
Miami, New York City, Newark, New Orleans and Boston are among the vulnerable areas in the United States.
The study also warns those people who are living in the cities such as Guayaquil in Ecuador, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia, Abidjan in Ivory Coast and Bangkok in Thailand.
Flood defenses in coastal cities have been designed for past conditions, and officials need to improve flood management and infrastructure, the study urged.
- LOL! Fake News Media Falsely Boost their Traffic with Chinese Bots
- Majority of Europeans say Muslim immigration should be stopped
- Russia's secret shield: Perimeter, aka Dead Hand
- Muslims Hold Mass Prayer Protest at JFK Airport: ‘Allahu Akbars’ Threaten “Biggest Uprising”
- “Iron Lady” Theresa May Calls President Trump's Refugee Pause “Divisive and Wrong”