A US official says President Barack Obama meets his national security team over Syria again.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, added that the US president was meeting his National Security Council at the White House over plans for a possible military action against Syria.
Washington is also expected to release a report it claims contains intelligence gatherings over a chemical weapons attack on the outskirts of the Syrian capital of Damascus last week.
Senior American officials, including President Obama himself, have earlier pointed their fingers at the Syrian government forces for carrying the attack.
During a 90-minute briefing in the US Congress on Thursday night, the Obama administration tried to make its case over plans to attack Syria by claiming to have evidence proving that Syrian government forces carried out the deadly chemical weapons attack near Damascus.
Several lawmakers, however, said they were not convinced by the evidence.
The efforts of the Obama administration and some of its Western allies to attack Syria comes as a UN team, which has been in Syria at the invitation of Damascus to probe other chemical attacks by the foreign-backed insurgents, is yet to announce its findings over the latest chemical attack.
- CBS Labels Itself "REAL NEWS" to Counter Fake News Accusations
- Obama's DHS Made THOUSANDS of Attempts to Hack Indiana’s Electoral System
- President Trump Has Been Far Too Nice To the Mainstream Media
- Trump Destroys ISIS Command And Control HQ in Mosul, Iraq
- Obama's Activist Group Issued “Training Manual” For Opposing President Trump