A prominent Israeli rabbi has been arrested on charges of sexually assaulting his three teenage daughters for more than 10 years.
The rabbi, who has not yet been publicly named, is reportedly being charged with multiple accounts of sexual assault and invasion of privacy, Israel’s Ynet news website reported on Wednesday.
He was arrested 10 days ago but has been remanded in custody for an additional two days.
An indictment filed with the Jerusalem District Court said the suspect began molesting the victims, ages 12 -14, more than 10 years ago.
The document said the rabbi sexually abused one of the elder daughters for two years, despite her pleas.
He told the girl they could sleep naked together and also placed a video camera in her room and watched her as she undressed and showered.
The suspect’s daughters are expected to testify against him in court.
- Syrian Army warns Israel it will respond after military airport bombed near Damascus
- Israeli Airstrikes Target Military Airport in Damascus Despite Vowing to Target ISIS
- ISIS Palestinian Drives Truck Through Jews in Jerusalem, 4 dead, 17 injured
- Netanyahu Thanks Trump for Supporting Israel
- Donald Trump Wants Benjamin Netanyahu at Inauguration