Israeli forces have fire rockets at the Syrian army across from the occupied Golan Heights, an Israeli military official says.
The Israeli military said its troops were fired upon in the Golan Heights on Sunday.
The Israeli soldiers responded with “accurate fire toward the Syrian post from which they were fired upon,” said an Israeli military spokesman speaking on condition of anonymity, Xinhua news agency reported.
Earlier on the day, Israel’s new Minister for Military Affairs Moshe Yaalon warned through a statement that Tel Aviv will hit back at Syria “immediately” if any gunfire targets the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.
Israel seized the Golan from Syria in the 1967 Six-Day War and annexed it in 1981, in a move never recognized by the international community.
- Trump IS an anti-Semite when he says the media he refers to us, Jews
- Israel’s “Blacklist” Prevents Jews Marrying Non-Jews
- Iran Threatens to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE EARTH" Again in 2017!
- Berkeley Students Support Man Waving ISIS Flag, Attack Same Guy Waving Israeli Flag
- Trump admin freezes Obama's last-moment $221mn handout to Palestine