Iran’s Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi has inaugurated the country’s Sixth International Aviation Industry Exhibition in southern island of Kish.
Iranian and foreign companies are showcasing their latest aviation and aeronautical achievements in the four-day exhibition.
A number of military attachés from foreign embassies attended the inauguration of the air show.
During the inaugural ceremony, the Iranian defense minister unveiled two domestically manufactured helicopters, designed to conduct military operations as well as logistic missions.
Deputy Minister of Defense Manouchehr Manteqi underscored Iran’s 40-year-old aviation industry, saying: “We have since made great achievements and today we are capable of designing aircraft and overhaul the existing aviation fleet.”
“We are planning to build 100- and 150-seat aircraft, not to mention our capabilities in designing drones,” said Manteqi, who is also head of Iran’s Armed Forces Aviation Industries Organization.
He stated that Iran will become the exporter of aircraft parts in two years.
- Putin has a $200 Billion wealth, 58 Planes, Helicopters, Yachts and 20 Palaces
- Saudi Arabia, not Iran is the world's 'number 1 terrorist state'
- Iran Threatens to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE EARTH" Again in 2017!
- Rasmussen Poll: 57% of Americans Support Trump's Muslim Ban
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks