France has sent troops to the Syrian border with Jordan amid reports of escalating foreign support for the insurgents fighting the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
France said its soldiers have been deployed to ‘help refugees’ in the border area.
On Monday, the spokeswoman for the so-called Syrian National Council (SNC), Bassma Kodmani, singled out Saudi Arabia and Qatar among the countries providing arms for the insurgents.
Reports also indicate that the notorious US security firm Blackwater is reportedly training al-Qaeda militants in Saudi Arabia and Turkey’s border areas to fight in Syria.
- Hungary Deploys New Anti-Invasion Force
- French Presidential Race: Marine Le Pen Far Ahead of Rivals in Secret Polling
- Le Pen Niece to Erdogan: Turks Belong in Turkey
- “Nuclear Bomb Is Now In Play In EU” Warns Russia As Historic Troop Alert Begins
- Muslim shot dead after trying to Steal Weapon from Soldier at Paris Orly Airport