A Venezuelan journalist says President Hugo Chavez has been forced to use a wheelchair due to severe pain caused by a fracture in his femur and his spreading cancer.
The pro-opposition Venezuelan columnist and radio talk-show host, Nelson Bocaranda, reported this week that Chavez got a fracture in his femur during his radiotherapy in Cuba.
Spending most of the last six weeks in the Cuban capital of Havana for radiotherapy treatment, Chavez has only been seen live in public once since mid-April.
“Everyone around him knows that tough times are coming,” said Bocaranda.
US-based Venezuelan Doctor Jose Marquina, who reportedly has access to Chavez’s medical records, has also claimed that Chavez’s “incurable disease is a very aggressive cancer that is progressing very quickly.”
Chavez this week established a new Council of State, intended to act as an advisory committee, which has fueled rumors about his deteriorating health conditions.
The Venezuelan president has undergone three operations for the removal of cancerous tumors in his body.
- Millions Try to Flee socialist Venezuela but are unable, No Materials to Print Passports
- Communist Paradise Venezuela Is Down to Its Last $10 Billion in Cash
- Starving Venezuelans Average 19 pounds, Weight Lost In Year
- Venezuela Kicks CNN Out Of Country For Creating Fake News
- Trump Operative Roger Stone Survives Assassination Attempt