The US Census Bureau’s annual report reveals that the poverty rate among American woman and children reached a 17-year record high in 2010, standing at 14.5 percent.
The new report indicates that, women’s poverty rate in the United States stands at 14.5 percent which means that over 17 million people live in poverty.
According to the report, a minimum number of over 15 million American children live below the poverty line, the highest in roughly a decade, while the extreme poverty level stands at 6.3 percent.
The report added that a total of one million American children have been added to the US poor population in a one-year period from 2009 to 2010 alone.
Analysts consider the deteriorating economy and the financial stagnancy the US is facing, as one of the main reasons of the sharp increase in the number of street children to 1.6 million, showing a 33-percent boost compared to 2007.
- Russia Threatens to Leak Things Obama Asked Moscow to “Keep Secret”
- 1500 Acid Attacks Hit London Since 2011
- Millions Try to Flee socialist Venezuela but are unable, No Materials to Print Passports
- US Debt Decreased by $68 Billion Since Trump Inauguration
- Germany Taking WikiLeaks Information on CIA Surveillance "Very Seriously"