Iranian researcher Dr. Omid Farrokhzad of Harvard Medical School has produced a smart cancer drug that is capable of targeting cancer cells in animals.
Farrokhzad and his colleagues made the drug in nano scale which enables it to distinguish and target cancer cells without causing common side effects of chemotherapy.
In popular cancer treatment with chemotherapy, both cancer cells and healthy ones are damaged.
“The method does not include chemotherapy side effects and the animal tests show that it can reach cancer cells 500-1000 percent more than chemotherapy,” Farrokhzad explained.
He also noted that the medicine will be ready to be used after the clinical studies are finished within the next five years.
Harvard has called the drug a ‘paradigm shift’ in cancer treatment.
- Putin tells Netanyahu not to judge Iran by 5th century BC
- Trump Issues New Ban on Travelers from Six Terror States
- Iranian Commander Admits Having Terror Cells Situated and Ready to Strike in US
- Saudi Arabia, not Iran is the world's 'number 1 terrorist state'
- Iran Threatens to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE EARTH" Again in 2017!