A new report reveals that the US military has dispatched a number of unmanned military and intelligence drones for operations in Syrian skies.
US drones are monitoring “the Syrian military attacks against opposition forces and civilians,” NBC News reported citing unnamed US defense officials.
According to the report, Washington hopes to use the overhead evidence and communications to make a case for widespread international response against Syria.
The White House, the State Department and the Pentagon have lately discussed possible humanitarian missions in Syria, NBC News said.
The report added that such missions would almost be impossible without US military intervention.
Syria has been experiencing unrest since mid-March last year.
On Thursday, the UN General Assembly adopted an Arab League-sponsored resolution on Syria for what it calls the government’s crackdown on opposition protests.
The Syrian ambassador to the UN Bashar al-Jaafari dismissed the resolution as biased and unbalanced.
- Ivanka Trump appoints more Bush-Era Globalists in White House
- Israeli Warplanes Launch Missile Attack on Syria
- Does Anyone Still Believe That Trump Will Fulfill His Election Promises?
- MOAB Bombing of Afghanistan Successful, 92 ISIS Fighters Dead
- Opposite of draining the swamp: Watchdogs hit Trump for secret White House visitor log