Texas Republican congressman Ron Paul has won the latest Republican presidential straw poll.
The Texas Republican, who continues to trail former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney in national polls, captured the support of 53 percent of Ohio Republicans. Former businessman Herman Cain won the support of 26 percent of Republicans voting in the poll. Mr. Romney captured 8 percent in the poll, while the rest of the Republican field captured less than 5 percent.
The event requires participants to pay $25 to participate giving Ohio Republicans a chance to have their voices heard in the early stage of the presidential primary nominating process.
Mr. Paul’s victory in Ohio comes as his campaign announced they would launch a series of ads aimed at criticizing his Republican opponents. The campaign will also run radio versions of these spots, and complement the broadcast push with substantial voter outreach on the same topics.
- Ron Paul calls Paul Ryan's Health Care Obamacare 2.0
- Hillary Clinton LOST MORE ELECTORS Than Any US Politician in Last 100 Years
- CIA meddled in ‘hundreds’ of elections: Ron Paul on “Russia-blaming”
- Ron Paul releases blacklist of real "fake news" journalists
- Trump's Victory Proves US Political Class Out of Touch With Electorate: Ron Paul