The head of Iran’s Islamic Culture and Relations Organization (ICRO) says the Islamic Republic has climbed to the fourth rank in the area of nanotechnology in the world.
Iran “ranks fourth in nanotechnology and thus lies at the top of the contemporary Islamic civilization,” the official, Mohammad Baqer Khorramshad, said on Thursday, IRNA reported.
He added that “our aim at the Islamic Culture and Relations Organization is to introduce Iran’s Islamic civilization to the people of the world.”
Iran began investing efforts in the field of nanotechnology back in 2001 by launching a relevant program.
The country quickly ranked first in the production of nano-science and nano-materials in the region as well as the Muslim world in general. As many as 65 Iranian universities and scientific centers as well as 130 Iranian companies have entered the field.
According to Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council (INIC), the Islamic Republic is among the very few countries that have compiled a National Nanotechnology Plan.
The ten-year plan’s priorities lie in contribution to the areas of energy, health, environment, water, materials, and construction.
- Putin tells Netanyahu not to judge Iran by 5th century BC
- Trump Issues New Ban on Travelers from Six Terror States
- Iranian Commander Admits Having Terror Cells Situated and Ready to Strike in US
- Saudi Arabia, not Iran is the world's 'number 1 terrorist state'
- Iran Threatens to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE EARTH" Again in 2017!