US President Barack Obama’s approval rating has hit an all-time low as there seems to be no end in sight to the country’s debt ceiling impasse.
According to a Gallup poll on Friday, only 40 percent of respondents said they approved of Obama’s job performance, leaving the president’s rank at its lowest ever.
The incumbent US president also received a 50-percent disapproval rating.
The survey also found that Americans are overwhelmingly pessimistic about the future with 75 percent of respondents believing the US economy is getting worse.
The development comes amid the continuing stalemate in the debate over raising the US federal government’s debt ceiling.
According to the Gallup poll, “The inability of US lawmakers to agree on the debt ceiling has apparently shaken Americans’ confidence in the economy and now seems to be taking its toll on the president’s public support.”
The US debt ceiling is capped at USD 14.3 trillion, up from USD 10.6 trillion when President Obama took office in 2009, and the administration says that if this ceiling is not elevated by August 2, the government will default on its obligations.
- Holy Cow! Trump CANCELS Mexico Wall
- North Korea Says Trump No Different Than Obama
- Trump shows lack of interest in keeping promises: Syrian president Assad
- Mike Pence Vows to Bring 1250 Illegal Migrants from Australia to America
- Does Anyone Still Believe That Trump Will Fulfill His Election Promises?