After Undergoing Surgery In Cuba, Some Are Speculating That Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead. BBC reported just a momemnt ago that “Absence of ill Hugo Chavez sparks speculation“.
Hugo Chavez, the president of Venezuela, is undergoing medical treatment in Cuba, leading to all sorts of rumors about his health. There are even people speculating that Hugo Chavez is dead.
Is Hugo Chavez Dead or Alive?
As of June 25, 2011, there has been no official confirmation that Hugo Chavez is dead. The closest to a Hugo Chavez death report comes from Wikileaks Argentina, which tweeted:
“BREAKING NEWS! The president of Venezuela Hugo Chavez died in Cuba this morning. 06/25/2011 08:43AM”
Other than one tweet, there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of people saying that Hugo Chavez is dead.
That being said, Hugo Chavez is having serious health problems.
One report says that Chavez is in a “critical state of health.”
A Spanish-language report quotes Venezuelan Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Temir Porras as saying that Chavez is “recuperating well.”
Chavez arrived in Cuba on June 8. Two days later, he was treated for a “”pelvic abscess.” There is also speculation that Chavez may be suffering from prostate cancer.
Chavez hasn’t been heard from for several days, adding to speculation that the normally talkative leader may be in poor health.
On June 25, Hugo Chavez and his handlers sent several messages via his Twitter account, perhaps to dispel all the rumors about his health.
- Alex Jones apologizes for Pizzagate, others such as David Seaman disagree
- Trump headed for impeachment after being branded Russian Agent in Comey Hearing
- Donna Brazile Admits CNN Collusion, Forwarded Town Hall Questions to Hillary
- At Least 6 Iraqis Under Investigation, Had Access to Leaked DNC Emails
- Clinton Pushing for "Pence Takeover" of Trump White House - Wikileaks