A 59-year-old man has been jailed in Gastonia, North Carolina, on charges of larceny after allegedly robbing an RBC Bank for $1 so he could get health care in prison. Richard James Verone handed a female teller a note demanding the money and claiming that he had a gun, according to the police report, ABC News informs.
“I started to walk away from the teller, then I went back and said, I’ll be sitting right over there in the chair waiting for the police,” he said, according to local television station 9News. “I wanted to make it known that this wasn’t for monetary reasons, but for medical reasons.”
Verone, who committed the “robbery” on June 9, does not plan to pay his bail, which was recently reduced to $2,000, says New York Daily News.
That’s right James Verone says he has no medical insurance. He has a growth of some sort on his chest, two ruptured disks and a problem with his left foot. He is 59 years old and with no job and a depleted bank account. He thought jail was the best place he could go for medical care and a roof over his head. Verone is hoping for a three-year sentence, informs 9NEWS.com.
- Libertarian Party is DEAD after Endorsing Hillary Clinton
- URGENT! Early Voting Results the Media Does NOT Want You To See
- 2 GOP Offices Destroyed by Democrats, Media Blames Trump
- LA Times Poll Shows Trump Is Surging with African Americans
- Obama Turns Into Stuttering Mess Again While Talking About Trump in North Carolina