Despite the compound where Osama bin Laden died suddenly becoming a place for the curious, the US is under pressure to release photographs to prove the al Qaeda leader is dead.
With many Muslims questioning American assertions over the raid Washington has been forced onto the back foot and is having to clarify more of the details of the operation.
In particular the White House has changed its initial story that bin Laden resisted arrest in a shoot out. It has now been confirmed he was unarmed when he was shot dead, according to euronews.
CIA Director Leon Panetta said Tuesday he thinks a photograph of Osama bin Laden’s body will be released at some point, but that it is up to the White House to make the final call.
A senior administration official said that no decision has been made yet as to whether to release the photo.
“I just think it’s important, they know we have it, to release it,” Panetta said, CNN reports.
- Mike Pence Vows to Bring 1250 Illegal Migrants from Australia to America
- Trump No Longer Wants to Build the Wall: Reince Priebus
- Ivanka Trump appoints more Bush-Era Globalists in White House
- TOTAL TREASON: Trump Wants to Arrest Julian Assange
- CIA & FBI finally admit there is No DNC Russian hack, launch Insider Manhunt