The Defense Authorization Act or H.R. 1540, aka The Forever War Act of 2012, was overwhelmingly approved by the House of Representatives earlier today on a vote of 322 to 96.
The Senate will now vote on its own version and then the two bills will need to be reconciled before going to Barry Obama for his signature into law.
The law authorizes the United States to use military force anywhere it says there are terrorists, including within the borders of our own country. It represents the largest hand-over of unchecked war authority from Congress to the executive branch in modern American history.
The founders were seriously opposed to handing this much power over to executive, fearing tyranny. If enacted into law, this provision will make Obama a dictator who can wage war without the consent of the American people.
- Ron Paul calls Paul Ryan's Health Care Obamacare 2.0
- Paul Ryan audio leak: I'm Not Going To Defend Trump, Not Now, Not in the Future
- US Debt Decreased by $68 Billion Since Trump Inauguration
- Germany Taking WikiLeaks Information on CIA Surveillance "Very Seriously"
- Donald Trump to host Angela Merkel at the White House this month