Israel’s Channel 2 TV station has released video footage showing Palestinian detainees being tortured by Israeli troops in the regime’s desert prison of Naqab (Negev) back in 2008.
The footage showed one Palestinian died and several others sustained injuries due to the torture by the Israeli soldiers, Qodsna news agency reported.
The Israeli forces have “used tear gas and stun grenades” against Palestinian detainees, the video shows.
The footage also demonstrates that medics were prevented from treating the wounded Palestinians.
In late December 2010, a human rights group called Public Committee Against Torture in Israel revealed that Palestinian detainees are systematically denied the right to meet a lawyer during interrogations.
Being shackled to chairs for long periods, sleep deprivation, intimidation, torture and abysmal detention conditions are some of the cases the human rights group documented in its report.
Israel claims that its army is “one of the most moral armies” in the world as it treats prisoners and detainees with honor.
But in recent years videos have come out, showing how Israeli soldiers abuse and humiliate blindfolded and handcuffed Palestinian prisoners.
- Israelis in Tel Aviv Scared to Leave Homes After African Migrant Violence
- Israeli JCC Threat-Makers “Paid with Bitcoin”
- Second Israeli Arrested for US Jewish Community Centers Threats
- Trump was right, Jewish center threats were False Flags, Israeli Arrested
- Israel Furious after being called Racist Apartheid State by UN