Andrea Powell works directly with children who have been sold for sex in Washington, DC.
Powell says most of the child victims she works with come from poor neighborhoods and broken families.
According a recent FBI law enforcement bulletin 300,000 American children are at risk of becoming victims of sex traffickers. The children often are forced to travel far from home and their lives revolve around “violence, forced drug use and constant threats.” The FBI is calling sex trafficking in the U.S. a “problem of epidemic proportion.”
The average age a child gets involved into the sex trafficking industry in the U.S. is between 12 and 14 years old. Kristy Childs became a victim at age 12.
For six years Kristy was prostituted out in different cities and truck stops throughout the United States.
Experts say it’s more difficult to arrest offenders because Traffickers’ are communicating to customers on the Internet.
Child sex victims are often transported around the US and are often provided counterfeit identification to use in the event of arrest.
- Trump shows lack of interest in keeping promises: Syrian president Assad
- Mike Pence Vows to Bring 1250 Illegal Migrants from Australia to America
- Ivanka Trump appoints more Bush-Era Globalists in White House
- CIA & FBI finally admit there is No DNC Russian hack, launch Insider Manhunt
- Trump Threatens to Fire Bannon if He Doesn't Cooperate and Become Centrist