A 12-year-old Staten Island boy was charged with felony assault as a hate crime for attempting to rip a religious head scarf off the head of a classmate on Wednesday, sources said.
Osman Daramy attacked the female student outside the Berta Dreyfus Intermediate School in Stapleton about 1 p.m., the sources said.
Osman allegedly punched and kicked the girl before trying to grab the scarf wrapped around her head, sources said. He was unable to remove the hijab during the tussle.
Cops also charged the hellbent schoolboy with aggravated harassment.
Sources said it was not the first time the boy had targeted the young victim and that he has harassed her at least four times in recent months. He was in trouble on Monday after he cut a chunk of hair off another female classmate’s head, sources said.
A spokeswoman for the city’s Department of Education said disciplinary action against Osman is pending.
Because he is a juvenile, the case will be handled in Family Court.
- UK Rabbi Burns Bible on Twitter, but No “Hate Charges”
- CNN Blames Trump For Racist Torture of Mentally Disabled Man
- High School Classmate of Omar Mateen: He Cheered 9/11 Attacks Praising Allah
- Christian monastery in Jerusalem vandalized by extremists
- Swedish Migrants Beat Gay to Death, Wrap Snake Around His Neck in Hate Crime