Russia Sunday called on U.S. and European forces to stop the “indiscriminate” attack on Libya.
“The reports say that during air raids on Libya strikes were also delivered on non-military facilities. … As a result, 48 civilians are reported dead and over 150 wounded,” the Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by the RIA Novosti news agency.
“In this connection, we are calling on the respective states to halt the indiscriminate use of force,” the Kremlin said.
Russia abstained during the vote on the U.N. Security Council resolution that authorized a no-fly zone and “all necessary measures” against Moammar Gadhafi’s forces.
- Graham: "I Wonder If My Meetings Are Being Surveilled by the Intelligence Community"
- US Government Investigating “Far-Right” Websites for being Russian agents
- Trump headed for impeachment after being branded Russian Agent in Comey Hearing
- “Nuclear Bomb Is Now In Play In EU” Warns Russia As Historic Troop Alert Begins
- Soros Fueling Unrest in Macedonia