As predicted, the Swiss People’s Party (which actually fights for the interests of the Swiss People) has won its latest battle. Foreigners who commit serious crimes or benefit fraud will be automatically deported. The law passed with 52.9% of the vote.
Leftists, who love both crime and destroying Western countries, were predictably upset. For example,
Marcelo Kohen, a professor of international law at the Graduate Institute in Geneva, said people who had lived all their life in Switzerland, married Swiss citizens and had children, but never obtained Swiss passports, would be unusually hard hit by expulsion…Kohen predicted the law would be challenged before the European Court of Human Rights.
Oh well. The SVP will have to console themselves with being the most popular party in Switzerland and rolling to victory after victory even though people like Kohen hate them. The Swiss people will have to use the security, prosperity, and cultural pride of their nation to console them for losing the esteem of random bureaucrats in Brussels. I’m sure they are devastated.
When the people actually have the right to vote on the important issues, they usually make the right choice.
- EU Threatens Legal Action if Poland, Hungary Refuse to Take in Migrants
- EU Chief Juncker Demands UK punishment for Brexit
- Britain formally triggers Article 50 to leave the EU
- London struck by terrorists near UK parliament, people rammed with car, cop stabbed
- Hungary Won't "Compensate" Immigrants