As an EU member it’s obligated to take in asylum-seekers. But as the flow of desperate Somalis and others hoping to reach Italy and farther has increased, it is making it harder than ever, drawing criticism from rights groups.
Reporting from Valletta, Malta — When the 24-year-old Somali chemistry teacher saw the airplane overhead, he prayed that his nightmare journey was finally over.??
Already, he had made a grueling journey through the desert and then spent seven months in a crowded Libyan prison cell surrounded by sickness and death. Now, the rickety fishing boat carrying him and 167 other migrants was no match for the rough Mediterranean waters and he feared the current would pull it back to Libya?
- Soros, Juncker secretly meet to destroy Hungary for refusing to take Muslims
- Turkey on the Brink of Voting ‘YES’ to Installing an Erdogan Dictatorship
- Huffington Post Openly Calls for White Men to be Banned from Voting
- EU Feeds, “Protects,” and “Assists” Invaders Massing in Libya
- EU Threatens Legal Action if Poland, Hungary Refuse to Take in Migrants